About the Role
• Confident and Effective communicator
• Great organisational skills
• Ability to delegate duties
• An understanding of the Forward Plan, governance and standing orders
• Ability and knowledge to act as spokesperson for the club
• Unbiased and impartial
• Knowledgeable on equity issues
The role of the Chairperson is to oversee the committee meetings and to keep order among members.
The Chairperson has overall control, giving direction, keeping focus and giving structure.
Their ultimate responsibility is to take decisions on behalf of the committee following consultation with its members.
About the Company
• Chair committee meetings and Annual General Meeting
• Ensure appropriate documents, including minutes are available for committee members
• Ensure that committee members are aware of their roles and responsibilities
• Act as the ambassador and/or spokesperson for the club
• May be called upon to act as mediator